Even the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has envisioned the ‘Digital India’ program to convert India to a digitally enabled society and an understanding economy. The program signifies the Authorities of India’s vision for linking and enabling 125 crore citizens; creating unprecedented degrees of transparency and accountability in governance; and Implementing technology for grade education, health care, farming, financial addition and enabling citizens. Beneath the ‘Digital India’ Program, technology can play an essential function to attain easy, effective and economic governance.
The ‘Digital India’ program was offered for the Union Cabinet on 20th August 2014 and has been officially published by Hon’ble Prime Minister on 1st July 2015. The plan is currently based about three essential locations, particularly, Digital Infrastructure, to just about every individual, Digital products and services & Organization demand and Digital empowerment of citizens.
Several initiatives pictured under the program are executed, and the majority are under execution. Some notable achievements of Digital India are:
- MyGov system — This unique platform for citizen involvement in governance was employed as a moderate for taxpayers to exchange thoughts/traces with all the Authorities. As a result of this phase, the federal administration of India gets feedback, enter signal, ideas and opinions from taxpayers like policy decisions, refreshing initiatives including Digital India, Swachch Bharat, Clean Ganga, Make in India, Skill growth, etc.. MyGov keeps increasing steadily, using above 15.8 lakh customers enrolled, also above XX million page views. MyGov has conducted more than 750 tasks significantly, and it is currently receiving more than ten thousand (10,000) content articles each week to a few problems. MyGov has played an immense role in reaching outside to taxpayers for its Smart Cities Mission and contains slipped consultations into the Gram Panchayat and Municipalities degrees due to its appearance of the New Education Policy.
- Jeevan Pramaan — Pensioners are now in a position to handily distribute their entire life certifications on the web as a result of this portal site. The certificates are retained from your lifetime span Certificate Repository in making it accessible at any time and everywhere to pensioners together with also the Pension Disbursing organizations. Approximately 8 lakh pensioners have been enrolled with this particular portal.
- E greetings Portal — Is Currently Becoming used to Send E-greetings out of Government Sections on several Diverse Situations like Gandhi Jayanti, Diwali, Teachers Day, Independence Day, and so Forth. Over 10 lakh e greetings are delivered through this portal site. Above 42 greeting groups and 450 cards are on the portal website in order to ship greetings into electronic kind. Interestingly, all the greetings are made by crowdsourcing inputs across MyGov competitions, making it possible for India’s inventive means to blossom. Additionally, it functions as an Eco-friendly way of sharing happiness and great dreams with buddies and loved ones.
- EBooks Platform (eBasta) — is a digital system of e-Books for colleges. Presently, 501 e-Contents and 15 eBasta (set of books) can be found on this stage.
- Digital Locker System — Which makes sure taxpayers are Not Asked to furnish documents/certificates, which are available with a Few department/institution in Their Government. Presently, more than ten (10) lakh electronic lockers are opened where taxpayers have self-uploaded more than 11.8 lakh files, and 52.09 lakh files are issued. Govt Departments are helped to onboard/integrate them with the entire Digital Locker.
- E-Sign — Could ease digitally signing up a listing through online authentication mechanism. Up to now, 1.75 lakh e-signatures are all issued. E-Mudhra and also CDAC are all empanelled to present e Sign expert services.
- E-Hospital — Intends to reduce the stress of individuals and their partners by using different online services such as consultation, getting diagnostic reports, payment of costs and also enquiring bloodstream accessibility, etc.. E-Hospital is now operational in four (4) Central federal government hospitals namely AIIMS, Dr. RML Hospital, Safdarjung & NIMHANS hospitals, also currently being executed in 11 major Central Government bureaus.
- National Scholarships Portal — Supplies a centred system for application, acceptance and disbursement of scholarships to pupils underneath some other student plan. Significantly more than 67 lakh software are registered onto this portal site internet site for 19 enrolled student plans of seven Ministries / Departments.
- Digitize India Platform — enables government organizations in the nation to digitize its documents and records through donations of regular citizens. Thus far, through over 14,088 subscribers; 2.6 lakhs records & 24.1 Lakh snippets are used for digitization.
- Approval of new Mission Mode Projects — Thirteen new Mission Mode Projects (MMPs) are approved to provide taxpayers a broader array of digital services. These MMPs Include Monetary Inclusion, Rural Development, Social Advantages, e-Sansad, e-Vidhaan, Agri Culture 2.0, Roadways & Highways Facts Method (RAHI), Central Armed Para-military Forces (CAPF), Females & Child Growth, Countrywide Mission on Education and Learning by Way of ICT (NMEICT), Countrywide GIS (NGIS), e-Bhasha and City Governance.
- Policies/Schemes Declared —Several Coverage Associated with Computer Software Creation, Electronic Providers and Advertising and Marketing of Electronic Producing Eventually Be Declared That Have –
- Coverage & Framework concerning Open-source Software to get GoI
- Coverage Open APIs to get GoI
- Plan collaborative App advancement by harnessing origin code of Govt. Pc software
- App Increase and Re-Engineering directions to get cloud-ready applications
- Electronics Development Fund — This has been demonstrated also was assembled with M/s Canbank Venture Capital Fund Ltd to encourage investment capital funds which will then fund setups.
- Digital Manufacturing Cluster Scheme — To inspire a generation of the worldwide infrastructure, in principle agree to 18 clusters, and also final blessings to 5 groups have been accorded.
- Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme for Electronics and IT — Thus Much, 1436 PhDs along with 11 Young Faculty Research Fellowships Are Affirmed, to encourage R&D and innovation from Electronics and IT.
- Rural BPO Scheme — To facilitate ICT enabled employment production around the country, BPOs is likely to be placed up in the states under north-east BPO advertising Scheme ( somewhere around 5000 chairs ) and in Tier II and Tier III towns of the world underneath the India BPO advertising Scheme ( above 48,000 seats ). The India BPO advertising Scheme can create a job chance for somewhere around 1,45,000 men. At the event of Interest issued, 78 firms have demonstrated Interest for 1,25,000 chairs in 190 areas of the nation.
- Common Service Centers — From the Last 18 months, CSCs functioning as leading Stop service shipping socket from rural areas has improved Out of 1.34 lacs to 1.44 lacs. The complete transacting CSCs climbed from 63433 into 94455, supplying e-gov solutions to the taxpayers. CSCs acting as Banking Correspondents climbed from 11244 into 27652, which can be earning around 1.36 crores trades per month, by which at the previous six months, CSCs have Left a Commission of R S 23 crores. CSCs are also functioning collectively with 15 Insurance businesses, adhering to a superior collection of Rs 70 lakhs daily. I desire to observe CSCs being conducted by literate Mahadalit girls, providing the e-gov services. Lately, we can make 300 Mahadalit girls of Gaya district of Bihar, digitally literate to provide e-gov providers through CSCs from the rural regions.
- National Digital Literacy Mission — Plans to supply IT instruction to permit the taxpayers to put it to use, and related applications as a result of their livelihood making and employability have been accredited. The Scheme has been launched by Hon’ble Prime-minister at Ranchi, Jharkhand on 21st August 2014.
- DISHA (Digital Saksharta Abhiyan) — has aimed to produce extra 42.5 lakh persons digitally literate at a span of four decades. Underneath the Disha and also countrywide electronic Literacy Mission, 12.25 lakh men are knowledgeable, and 4.75 lakh candidates’ are accredited (by NIELIT).
- Upsurge at Make-in-India at Electronics — Up right now, underneath the altered distinct Incentive package deal Scheme (M-SIPS),” DeitY has got 156 hints having the expense of more than Rs. 1 lakh 1 3 million crores. Many foremost well-known manufacturers have filed their programs under this strategy, to avail the benefits. This coverage was created more investor-friendly and prolonged for five years around July 2020.
- Revamping of Present Mission Mode Projects (MMPs) — A few of the present MMPs were developed several decades ago. Their applications packages have been examined and also optimized by using new systems platforms, for example, Cloud, cell, GIS, etc., to further facilitate the shipping of integral answers between various segments, and also enhance the attribute of remedies that might effortlessly appeal to the specific needs of citizens.
It’s been the job of the government to enable the citizens of the nation in a means unlike before. We’re lucky that the improvement in electronic technologies, a lot of that has been directed by Indians, has given us the platform and space to attain this. My ministry Also I will devote our Very Best attempts to achieve the vision and assignment which Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has contributed.